“A family that prays together stays together.”
Home Rosary Ministry
“For where there are two or three gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.” ~ Matthew 18:20
CDM Home Rosary Ministry is a Marian devotion which is connected with the visit of Icons of Mary, or The Lady Of Fatima from house to house and from one family to another, where special veneration is given to Mary during the term of the sacramentals stay. A devotion that unites the community
Frequently asked questions:
Q: How many days are total devotion?
A: Monday to Sunday 7-days
Q: How many days are community prayer in my home?
A: 2 days in a week~ Monday @8pm & Sunday @2pm
Q: How do I apply if I am interested?
A: You may contact Susan @ 9119-5909 via WhatsApp
Benefits of the Home Rosary Devotion
It is a powerful means to deepen Christian life in the family and in groups of families through community building and concern. It also intensifies the devotion for Jesus and for the Virgin Mary.
In addition to being an effective means of stimulating parish devotion, group recitation has many benefits for individual souls, and is highly recommended by Saint Louis Marie de Montfort. In his book, The Secret of the Rosary he lists these benefits:
- Normally, our minds are far more alert during public prayer, than when we pray alone.
- When we pray in common, the prayer of each one belongs to all. We make one great prayer together, so that if one person is not praying well, someone else in the same gathering who prays better may make up for his deficiency. In this way, those who are strong uphold the weak. Those who are fervent inspire the lukewarm.
- One who says his Rosary alone only gains the merit of that one Rosary. But if he says it together with others, he gains the merit of each Rosary. This is the law of public prayer.
- Pope Urban VIII who was very pleased to see how devotion to the Holy Rosary had spread in the city of Rome, and how it was being said in two groups or choirs, attached 100 days extra indulgence whenever the Rosary was said in two groups. This was set out in his brief Ad Perpetuam Rei Memoriamwritten in the year 1626.
- Public prayer is far more powerful than private prayer, to appease the anger of God, and to call down His mercy. Holy Mother Church, guided by the Holy Ghost, has always advocated public prayer in times of public tragedy and suffering.
- If the faithful recite five decades of the Rosary in company with others, whether in public or private, they may gain an indulgence of ten years, once a day. A plenary indulgence on the last Sunday of the month, with the addition of confession and Communion and a visit to the church, if they perform such recitation at least three times in any of the preceding weeks.
Finally, Saint Louis Marie de Montfort states, “When people say the Rosary together, it is far more formidable to the devil, than one said privately, because in this public prayer, it is an army that is attacking. It is very easy to break a single stick, but if you join it to others to make a bundle, it cannot be broken. In union, there is strength.”
“If you want peace in your heart, in your home, in your country, assemble together every night and say the Rosary.” ~ Pope St. Pius X.
Address: 19 Pasir Ris St 72 Singapore 518771
Phone: +65 6583 3378